With more and more cases coming to limelight in which governor role is controversial in the states, and against the spirit of federalism, Do you support governor post should be altogether abolished ?
Point in favour of Abolishing
- No practical work done, only namesake post ( Hoist flag on 26 January and remember N.D tiwari )
- Misuse of this post by central government for its vested interest in state politics( Remember recent Arunachal Pradesh case)
- Hindrance and blockade in work of state government
- Against the people will as they are non elected.
- Even after the recommendations of Punchi commission, Sarkaria commission,for appointment political affiliation is only qualification.
- Removal also always remain controversial even after judgment of Supreme court in 2010.
- Ambiguous discretionary powers.
- Post is burden on taxpayers money
Points against abolishing
- Link between union and states.
- Bring uniformity in our federal system like all India Civil services.
- It checks separatist tendencies, consider the situation in J and K, if governor is not present there, guess if state govt. itself evolves the separate tendencies.
- Certainly we need the post of governor during emergency situations also.
- Making such logics, president post will also be irrelevant.
The purpose of this whole initiative is to build your opinion, you must learn interlinking the issue and make your opinion concrete, write your opinion on this issue.